Advertisement
 
Monday, October 20, 2014
Amsterdam, NY ,
Advertisement

Trump still in play for Bills

Friday, August 01, 2014 - Updated: 9:26 AM

BUFFALO (AP) -- Donald Trump remains in the running to buy the Buffalo Bills.

And so are NHL Buffalo Sabres owners Terry and Kim Pegula, a person close to the process confirmed Thursday night to The Associated Press while speaking on the condition of anonymity because the sale is supposed to be private.

Michael Cohen, Trump's executive vice president and special counsel, confirmed in an email to the AP that his boss was chosen to advance to the next round of bidding. Cohen said he was informed of the decision by Morgan Stanley, the banking firm overseeing the sale of the team for late owner Ralph Wilson's estate.

"Mr. Trump's significant wealth, name recognition and real estate knowledge makes him a viable option," Cohen said.

Trump is bidding on his own after electing against being joined by partners. He is prepared to make an all-cash offer. Trump is proving to be serious in his efforts to buy the Bills, who are on the market after Wilson died in March. Trump was previously dismissed by critics as using the Bills' sale as a publicity stunt.

The Pegulas have been low-key throughout the process in regards to their interests in purchasing the Bills.

The Bills most recently were valued by Forbes at $870 million but are expected to sell for at least $1 billion.

     

Comments made about this article - 0 Total

Comment on this article

Advertisement
The Recorder Sports Schedule

 

The Recorder Newscast
Advertisement