Advertisement
 
Monday, May 04, 2015
Amsterdam, NY ,

The Associated Press Drivers Brad Keselowski, left, and Danica Patrick confer after qualifying for the NASCAR Nationwide Series auto race Saturday at Phoenix International Raceway in Avondale, Ariz.

Advertisement

Keselowski to keep phone out of his racecar

Friday, November 16, 2012 - Updated: 7:09 PM

HOMESTEAD, Fla. (AP) -- Brad Keselowski is leaving his cellphone behind.

Keselowski plans to ditch his phone during NASCAR's Sprint Cup finale Sunday. His decision comes days after NASCAR fined him $25,000 for having the phone in his racecar. It was discovered because he tweeted during a red flag at Phoenix International Raceway.

The punishment confused many who wondered why Keselowski was penalized for Sunday's tweets when he was celebrated by NASCAR for doing the same thing during the season opener.

Keselowski felt the same way.

"I'm confused a lot," he said Thursday. "I'll just add that to the list."

Nonetheless, the decision to go without his phone wasn't easy.

"I do feel naked when I don't have my phone," he said. "It's my security blanket. It doesn't matter how I feel about it right now. It is what it is at this point. I just have to move on and focus on the weekend ahead."

Some alleged the Sprint Cup Series points leader was actually being disciplined for his profanity-laced outburst after Sunday's crash-and fight-marred race.

NASCAR dismissed the conspiracy theories, saying drivers had been told after the Daytona 500 that electronic devices -- including cellphones -- could not be carried inside the race cars going forward.

Keselowski, who takes a 20-point lead over Jimmie Johnson into Sunday's season finale, is looking to win his first Cup title.

     

Comments made about this article - 0 Total

Comment on this article

Advertisement
The Recorder Sports Schedule

 

The Recorder Newscast

Most Popular

    CEO: Victim cut during incident between employees
    Thursday, April 30, 2015

    Sawyer-mania about to reach its fever pitch
    Friday, May 01, 2015

    Young teen killed in Sunday accident
    Monday, May 04, 2015

    State officials shut down Route 30's Olympic Diner
    Friday, May 01, 2015

    Sawyer relates his life to his performance
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015

    Fredericks to return Wednesday for homecoming rally
    Thursday, April 30, 2015

    Fired employee sues Walmart
    Saturday, May 02, 2015

    Growing local jobs Strike force has a way to assist local businesses
    Tuesday, April 28, 2015

    A WWII veteran is being honored by his hometown
    Wednesday, April 29, 2015

    One stabbed, one jailed in fight at work
    Friday, May 01, 2015

Advertisement

Copyright © Port Jackson Media

Privacy Policies: The Recorder

Contact Us

Twitter

Instagram

Facebook