Michael Kelly/Recorder staff Fonda-Fultonville coach Mark Therrien speaks with his daughter, Lindsay, during a 2014 track and field meet in Albany. Mark Therrien was announced as a member of the Fonda-Fultonville Athletic Hall of Fame 2014 induction class.
By MICHAEL KELLY
FONDA -- The Fonda-Fultonville Athletic Hall of Fame's class of 2014 has been announced.
In all, eight individuals, three teams and one coach make up this year's class. The induction ceremony will take place Oct. 11 during halftime of F-F's home football game.
The Hall's first class was honored in 2013, and this year's class was reserved for individuals and teams that have met the qualifications for automatic induction, designated through either participating in the Olympics, being a state or national champion, receiving All-American honors or been named a state player of the year.
Also, all of the members of the 2014 class needed to meet other requirements of the Hall, such as graduating from F-F at least seven years ago.
Included in this year's class as individual athletes are:
* Jennifer (Petersen) Jette, state champion in the 1992 indoor track and field high jump, 1992 outdoor track and field pentathlon
* Rick (Rajter) Manelius, state champion in the 1992 outdoor track and field pentathlon
* Aaron Kimball, state champion in the 2001 outdoor track and field shot put
* John Moore, state champion in the 2006 outdoor track and field 800-meter run
* Phil Boshart, 1971 high school All-America selection in basketball
* Micah Kimball, 1998 high school All-America selection in football
* Bill Goebel, 1993 Class C State Player of the Year in football
* Ingrid (Hantho) Frame, 1993 Division I All-America at the University of North Carolina in the discus throw
Included in this year's class as teams are:
* 2005 boys cross country, Class C state champions: Jeff Dufel, EJ Givis, John Moore, Blake Dwyer, Joe Geniti, Jeremy McAllister and Brian Palumbo
* 2005 boys outdoor track and field 4x800-meter relay team, state champions: Adam Bush, Jeremy McAllister, John Moore and Brian Yurkewicz
* 2006 boys outdoor track and field 4x800-meter relay team, state champions: Adam Bush, Jeremy McAllister, John Moore and Joe Geniti
Included in this year's class as a coach is:
* Mark Therrien, boys cross country head coach, 2005 and 2010 state champions
Follow MICHAEL KELLY on Twitter at twitter.com/RecorderMK