High school graduation week is here. The following is a quick look at the local schedule.
Thursday, June 19
* St. Mary's Institute's eighth-grade graduation ceremony will be held at 7 p.m. at St. Mary's Church, West Main Street, Amsterdam.
Tuesday, June 24
* Hamilton-Fulton-Montgomery Board of Cooperative Educational Services Career and Technical Education Student Recognition Program will be held at 6 p.m. at the Fulton-Montgomery Community College gymnasium. Speakers include BOCES Superintendent Patrick Michel, BOCES Board of Education President David Edwards, and Career and Technical Education Director/Principal Jay DeTraglia.
Friday, June 27
* The Broadalbin-Perth High School graduation ceremony will be held at 7 p.m. at Patriot Field, weather permitting. In the event of rain, the ceremony will take place in the gymnasium. This year's commencement speakers are valedictorian Lydia Dake, salutatorian Ryan Charland, and Tyese Fraser, who ranks third. Superintendent Steven Tomlinson and board of education president Edward Szumowski will speak as well.
* Canajoharie Central School's 136th annual commencement ceremony will take place at 6:30 p.m. in the Canajoharie High School Arkell Performing Arts Center. Commencement speakers will include 2014 class co-presidents Lauren Balfe and Abbey Dearwester. Valedictorian Aristotle Boslet and salutatorian Kristofer Dias will also deliver speeches.
* The Northville High School graduation ceremony will be held at 7 p.m. on the front lawn. Valedictorian Veronica Arceri and salutatorian Bailey Ovitt will speak at the ceremony.
* Oppenheim-Ephratah-St. Johnsville Central School's inaugural commencement ceremony will take place at 6 p.m. in the high school auditorium. As it is the first commencement of the merged district, two valedictorians and two salutatorians (one from each former district) have been named for the class of 2014. Valedictorians Ellen Smith of Oppenheim-Ephratah and Jessica Senft of St. Johnsville, and salutatorians Skyler Viveros of Oppenheim-Ephratah and Jeremy Wegener of St. Johnsville will deliver commencement speeches.
Saturday, June 28
* Amsterdam High School's class of 2014 will graduate at 10 a.m. in the gymnasium, with video broadcast in the Bert DeRose Theater. This year's valedictorian is Maxine Petrosino and the salutatorian is Rebekah Izzo. The commencement speaker will be historian David Pietrusza.
* The Fonda-Fultonville High School graduation ceremony will be held at 1 p.m. in the high school auditorium. This year's commencement speakers are valedictorian Monica Derby, salutatorian Jeanna Warner, third in class Gianna Mancini, and fourth in class Carly LittleJohn. Guest speakers include U.S. Rep. Paul Tonko and state Sen. Cecilia Tkaczyk. Superintendent Raymond Colucciello will speak as well.
* Fort Plain Central School's 119th annual commencement ceremony will take place at 10 a.m. in the Harry Hoag Elementary School gymnasium. Commencement speakers will include valedictorian Christian Arndt and salutatorian Kasey Mang. Class vice president Simeon Sammons will read a welcome address, and class secretary Casey Hext will provide an invocation.
* Gloversville High School graduation ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. in the high school. Commencement speakers include valedictorian Emily Branius, salutatorian Hannah Gillis and Principal Richard Demallie. The guest speaker is former Gloversville graduate Christopher Ciaccio.
* The Johnstown High School graduation ceremony will be held at 10 a.m. on Knox field. Commencement speakers include class president Ellen Praught, valedictorian Serena Smith and salutatorian Jenna Salisbury. Principal Michael Beatty and Superintendent Robert DeLilli will also speak during the ceremony.
* The Mayfield High School graduation ceremony will be held at 11 a.m. on the athletic field. This year's commencement speakers are valedictorian Maria VanNostrand and salutatorian Mathias Krutz. A flower presentation will also be held at the ceremony, where the students hand a flower to someone who has been important in their lives. The board of education will distribute diplomas.