The Montgomery County Sheriff’s Office, in conjunction with the New York State Liquor Authority, the St. Johnsville Police Department, the Fort Plain Police Department and the Canajoharie Police Department, recently conducted a second alcohol sting where an underage individual was sent into locations throughout Montgomery County that are permitted to sell alcohol by the state.
The following locations properly ID’d the underage individual and refused to sell the alcohol.
• Ripepi’s-St. Johnsville
• Cosmo’s-St. Johnsville
• Iroquois Lanes-Canajoharie
The following individuals were charged with Unlawful Dealing with a child a Misdemeanor and given appearance tickets to appear in court at a later date. Additionally the following individuals and locations were not successful in properly identifying the underage individual and did sell the alcohol unlawfully to a person under the age of “21”:
• Carolyn M. Caringi, 50, of 553 County Highway 114, St. Johnsville (Lombardo’s-St. Johnsville)
• Natalie L. Bartholomew, 24, of 8 Lavender Lane, Fultonville (The Elephant Bistro-Canajoharie)
• William R. Ashford, 53, 35 Church St., Cherry Valley (The Stockyard-Sprakers)
• Ashley K. Allen, 23, 116 Marys Lane, Fultonville (The Meadowbrook-Fultonville)