GLOVERSVILLE ­— A Gloversville man is facing felony charges after allegedly striking an infant in the head, causing a skull fracture, according to the Gloversville Police Department.

Marcus E. Ralbovsky, 30, of 5 Alexander St., was charged Wednesday with second-degree assault, a class D felony.


Members of the department’s detective division were notified of a New York State Child Abuse Hotline Report on Sept. 28, which had been made in regards to an infant male child, according to a GPD release. The report stated the infant was suffering from a fractured skull and was currently hospitalized at Albany Medical Center.

Detectives, along with the Fulton County Department of Child Protective Services, commenced an investigation into the circumstances in which the child received the injury.

According to the release, detectives discovered that on Sept. 27 at around 2:30 a.m. members of the GPD’s patrol division responded to a report of a domestic violence incident at 5 Alexander St.

Police later determined through interviews the infant child had sustained the fractured skull during this domestic violence incident. Police said parties involved in the incident failed to report the injury. Police allege Ralbovsky struck the infant in the head, causing the skull fracture. The infant had been released from Albany Medical Center as of Wednesday evening.

Ralbovsky was arraigned before Gloversville City Court Judge Traci DiMezza and remanded to the Fulton County Correctional Facility on $50,000 cash bail or $100,000 bond.

Another Gloversville man was charged  for injuring an infant’s skull last month.

Andrew S. Allen, 31, of 6 Cherry St., Apt. 2, was charged Sept. 9 with first-degree assault, a class B felony, first-degree reckless endangerment, a class D felony, and second-degree attempted assault, a class E felony.

According to police, the infant’s mother advised them she had been involved in a violent domestic incident with the father. She allegedly said the father punched the infant in the head, and police allege the partially closed fist punch resulted in the infant sustaining a fractured skull amongst other serious physical injuries. The infant was taken to Albany Medical Center.