By MORGAN FRISCH
Recorder News Staff
Plenty of local businesses are offering a host of events for those who may want to go out as 2016 draws to a close.
Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce President Mark Kilmer said he thinks New Year’s Eve is one of the biggest nights of the year for some restaurants.
“They all put out really special menus of something different than the ordinary for the people to enjoy,” Kilmer said. “All we have to do is hope for good weather for safety purposes as well as to make it more profitable for the businesses.”
* The Raindancer Restaurant on Route 30 in Amsterdam will be serving their lunch menu from 11:30 a.m. until 2 p.m. Saturday. Dinner will be served from 11:30 a.m. until 10 p.m. Reservations are suggested. The Raindancer will also be open 12:30 to 8 p.m. on Sunday.
* Nicolino’s on Route 30 in Amsterdam will also be open during the holiday weekend. The New Year’s Eve menu includes surf and turf and reservations are filling up. Hours are New Year’s Day are noon until 6 p.m.
* Girard’s on Bridge Street in Amsterdam will be hosting a New Year’s Eve party from 8 p.m. until 2 a.m. There will be a disc jockey and a toast at midnight.
* Kelly’s Imperial Bowling Center on Wallins Corners Road in Amsterdam will have extreme bowling Saturday from 10 p.m. to 12:30 a.m.
* High Rollers on Route 30 in Amsterdam is holding a New Year’s Eve skate from 7 p.m. until 1 a.m. Admission is $10 and skates are $3 for rentals. The ball will be shown dropping on a big screen. There will also be games and prizes.
* The Last Night event will be held in St. Johnsville Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. There will be a two-hour concert at 4 p.m., children’s games and crafts. The event includes trolley car rides, a family movie and guided tours of the Community House and the Margaret Reaney Library and Museum. There will be a bonfire, ball drop, time capsule and ice cream toast at the American Legion Post 168 from 8 to 9 p.m.
* The Double Eagle Restaurant at the Kingsboro Golf Course in Gloversville is hosting a New Year’s Eve dinner. A complimentary glass of champagne will be provided for each dinner guest. You can call for reservations. A disc jockey will play from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
* The Broadalbin Hotel on West Main Street will host a Beetle’s tribute band Saturday from 9 p.m. until midnight.
* The Hales Mills Country Club on Steele Road in Johnstown is holding a New Year’s Eve event. There will be dinner specials from 4 to 9 p.m. Entertainment begins at 9 p.m.
* Lanzi’s on the Lake in Mayfield will have New Year’s Eve dining from 5 to 10 p.m. New Year’s Day seating is from 12 p.m. to 8 p.m. Reservations are appreciated.
* Sport Island Pub in Northville will have chef’s special menu New Year’s Eve. This includes: prime rib, seafood, veal and salmon. There be noise makers, party hats and champagne toast at midnight. The event will also include a bonfire on the beach and disc jockey.
* Partner’s Pub in Johnstown will host a New Year’s Day Bash at 1 p.m. with the KARG Bros.
* The ShoeLeather Express on 31 Spring St., Gloversville is hosting a New Year’s Eve Western Square and Round Dance. The early rounds of the event begin at 7:30 p.m. and dinner is from 8 to 9 p.m. Dancing continues from 9 to 12 a.m. The cost is $15 per person and event is a black light dance. People are asked to wear black, white, or neon colors.
* Wine and Roses on West Main Street in Broadalbin will be open 4 to 10 p.m., on New Year’s Eve. The regular menu and several features will be available. Any meals can be ordered to go.
* Aaron’s Irish Pub on North Main Street in Gloversville will have New Year’s Eve drink specials, snacks and appetizers and a free toast at midnight.
The Stockyard Public House is having a New Year’s Eve party. The restaurant is located on 754 Corbin Hill Rd., Sprakers. Tomkins Drive will be playing.
The 10th Annual Polar Bear Plunge will take place at the Caroga Lake Marina on State Highway 10. The plunge begins at 1 p.m. Shirts are available for $13 in advance and $15 the day of the plunge. All proceeds go to the Caroga Lake Volunteer Fire Department.
* All Stewart’s Shops in the area will serve free coffee, hot chocolate and tea from 6 p.m. until close.